Public Health Wales
Welsh Athletics - Message from the CEO
Welsh Athletics - Return to Athletics Guidance
Welsh Athletics - Return to Group Running & Club Athletics Training
Welsh Athletics - Further Government Guidance on a Return to Sport
Welsh Athletics - Up to date Details for Clubs, Groups, Training, Coaching, Facilities and Competition
Actif Sport & Leisure
Carmarthenshire County Council Newsroom
Following the COVID-19 lockdown and suspension to sport, some training sessions have re-commenced since July using a temporary facility at Parc Y Scarlets in Pemberton, Llanelli (SA14 9UZ) as a result of the Carmarthen Leisure Centre track being out of use whilst it is being refurbished.
Carmarthen Harriers training sessions are currently at Llanelli BY ARRANGEMENT WITH CLUB COACHES and take place on Thursday Evenings and Saturday Afternoons weekly - sprints, endurance and throws at the moment.
All coaches are following specific protocols that have been developed by Welsh Athletics and UKA Athletics, measures have been implemented and a detailed risk assessment carried out before return of club activity.
Important Points to note (Set out for Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli at present - correct as on 27th August):
- Due to limited spaces and a maximum number on gatherings currently (30), Training will start off by arrangement by coach on phone, WhatsApp or email. Competing athletes will take priority.
- Only those who have registered/renewed their membership for 2020-2021 will be able to to attend training.
- Each group will be split/zoned at different points of the track with their coaches.
- Maximum 12 to operate and to work in smaller groups.
- Only athletes/coaches/volunteers will be allowed on the track.
- No one to use the stand. No toilet facilities.
- There will be no track fees for training during this time.
- All athletes/coaches/volunteers to bring hand sanitiser.
- Only one entry point.
- Athletes are advised to Run responsibly, Leave adequate space between themselves and other runners, and overtake only when safe to do so.
- First aid / PPE in place and qualified doctor on site. Use of hand thermometer prior to each training session. Price Phillip Hospital @ 2 miles away.
- Members attend training in training clothes and go home in the same clothes - get changed in the car.
- All athletes required to complete an online health questionnaire and disclaimer prior to training starting. Verbal questionnaire at the start of each session delivered by the coach with a register.
- Record keeping will help with track and trace if neccessary.
- Coaches will continue to set training schedules as they have done during lockdown for those that aren't able to attend training (by arrangement)
In order to attend a training session, all athletes must click on the below link and fill the attached form and submit it, where it will be sent to the Club Secretary.
Without the form being completed prior to a training session, members will not be able to attend training within groups until it is done.
Parents/carers MUST consider the following questions before allowing their athlete to train. If the answer to any of the questions is 'yes' then please do not bring your athlete to training.
Do you or anybody in your household have a diagnosis of COVID19? Do you or anybody in your household have any of these symptoms: high temperature, new or continuous cough or loss of smell and taste? Are you or anybody in your household self-isolating?
COMPLETE THE FORM HERE: RETURN TO TRAINING AGREEMENT FORM
Work is being completed in 2020 by Carmarthenshire County Council resurfacing and improving elements of the Carmarthen Leisure Centre Athletics Track in Johnstown (home of Carmarthen & District Harriers Athletics Club).
This is an exiting time for the club, county of Carmarthenshire and West Wales, and we would like to thank parents, athletes and the public for their co-operation during the weeks ahead when the facility will be out of action.
Over the next few weeks, we'll bring you regular updates, images and videos of the progress across the Website, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
FULL ARTICLE / STORI LLAWN
- Please check the club website and social media channels for everything you'll need to know, latest updates and club training developments:
Facebook: Carmarthen Harriers Athletics Club