Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions on any large mass gatherings, this has meant that a number of major road running events in Wales and beyond have been postponed or cancelled in 2020 (August/September/October).
Whilst some have been cancelled and the London Marathon about to be held in a new format, many others have been moved to a new date in the first few months in 2021.
Welsh Athletics - Road Running Calendar: https://www.welshathletics.org/en/competition/current/discipline/road
Welsh Athletics - All Disciplines: https://www.welshathletics.org/en/competition/current/discipline
SOME HIGHLIGHTED MAJOR ROAD RUNNING EVENTS ALREADY POSTPONED OR CANCELLED IN 2020:
- Saturday - Dydd Sadwrn 30/08/20: Cardiff 5K - Race for Victory (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 06/09/20: Cardiff Metropolitan University Cardiff 2K & 10K (Cancelled/Virtual)
- Saturday - Dydd Sadwrn 12/09/20: Welsh Athletics Road Running Championships (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 13/09/20: Bryn Meadows Caerphilly 2K & 10K (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 20/09/20: Admiral Swansea Bay 1K, 3K & 10K (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 20/09/20: Merthyr Half Marathon (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 27/09/20: Great Welsh Marathon & Half Marathon (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 27/09/20: Pembrokeshire Half Marathon & 10Km (Cancelled)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 04/10/20: Virgin Money London Marathon - Elite Only (Postponed/Virtual)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 04/10/20: Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon (Postponed)
- Sunday - Dydd Sul 25/10/20: ABP Newport Half Marathon & 10K (Postponed)