An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of the Actif Communities team to support the development of community and school based athletics programmes within the county in partnership with Carmarthen Harriers and Welsh Athletics.
Teitl y Swydd – Swyddog Datblygu Athletau Cynorthwyol
Post Title – Assistant Athletics Development Officer
Closing Date: 11/02/2021
Sport & Leisure – Carmarthen Leisure Centre
Assistant Athletics Development Officer
(Temporary up to 31/03/2023 due to Grant Funding)
26.36 hours per week
£20,092* - £23,080* (Grade E) *Pro-rata
Our mission is to ‘Improve wellbeing through inspiring our population to be active for life.’ We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services. Our work focuses on three priority areas; Explore & Learn, Participate and Actif Adults, and these are all underpinned by our vision to create an active Carmarthenshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual who will be key to getting more people, more active, more often through athletic based programmes from all three priority areas.
The successful post holder will:
iii) Support a designated athletics club to deliver on its vision and to strengthen the current structure and programme with a particular emphasis on the recruitment, deployment and retention of coaches, officials and volunteers.
iv) Establish and develop the athletics programmes within schools and the community which link to and compliment one another.
- To work with a designated athletics club to produce and implement its club development plan, supporting i’s committee, volunteers and members to ensure sustainability.
- To assist the Actif Communities Coordinator responsible for leading athletics development with the creation and development of a county forum.
- To assist the Actif Communities Coordinator responsible for leading athletics development, and club personnel, with the development and delivery of athletics programmes within educational and community settings across the sporting pathway, including the Actif Athletics Passport.
- To organise, plan and deliver school athletic events and Welsh Athletics regional leagues and competitions.
- To provide advice and guidance on funding opportunities to clubs and organisations regarding athletics development.
- To assist in the recruitment, deployment and mentoring of a range of volunteers, coaches and instructors and to identify and co-ordinate training within the designated club, community and schools’ settings.
- To record and report data using performance indicators.
- To operate within, and promote all, relevant policies and guidelines pertaining to the voluntary sector and any partners.
- To promote and maintain a customer orientated approach and to contribute towards the
continuous improvement of the Actif Sport and Leisure Service
Applicants should have a flexible approach to working evening and weekends.
The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh is required to accomplish this post. Support can be provided on appointment to reach this level.
For more information on Actif Communities, please visit www.actif.wales/community-sport/
For more information on Carmarthen Harriers, please visit www.carmarthenharriers.co.uk/ or one of the Club’s social media feeds.
If you have any specific questions not covered in the job profile and person specification, feel free to contact the Actif Communities Coordinator, Hilary Jones on HGJones@carmarthenshire.gov.uk / 07971 005160
If you have any specific questions regarding Carmarthen Harriers, feel free to contact Neil Thomas, Vice Chair, on firstname.lastname@example.org
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be requested for this post.