This Weekend (9th-10th January 2021) was scheduled to see Swansea University Indoor Athletics Track host the annual West Wales Indoor Athletics Championships.
Unfortunately, because of the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions over recent months, the event was cancelled in 2021.
Here's a look back at the 2019 event report when it was held on this weekend in January.
Roedd y Penwythnos hwn (9fed-10fed Ionawr 2021) ar fin gweld Trac Athletau Dan Do Prifysgol Abertawe yn cynnal pencampwriaeth blynyddol athletau dan do Gorllewin Cymru.
Yn anffodus, oherwydd y cyfyngiadau COVID-19 parhaus dros y misoedd diwethaf, mae'r digwyddiad wedi'i ganslo yn 2021.
Dyma edrych yn ôl ar adroddiad digwyddiad 2019 pan gafodd ei gynnal ar y penwythnos hwn ym mis Ionawr.
JANUARY 2019 / IONAWR 2019:
Following a busy start to the New Year, it was the turn of the West Wales athletes to shine over a full weekend's action following the South and East Wales Regional Championships in Cardiff the previous week.
Using the fantastic facilities at Swansea University Sports Campus, it was a great opportunity for experienced and new athletes to try out Indoor competition.
In Swansea, a total of 265 athletes entered the 2020 West Wales Indoor Athletics Championships 2020 held at the University Indoor Athletics Track. Held over two days on Saturday 11th January and Sunday 12th January, athletes battled it out alongside their local friends from the Swansea Harriers, Carmarthen Harriers, Pembrokeshire Harriers, Neath Harriers, Llanelli AC and Run4All Neath clubs.
Because of the growth and popular turnout in competitors over the past few years, the championships had again been split into a two-day weekend to fit in all the disciplines on offer. The majority of the field events (jumps) were held on Saturday which included the Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump and Pole Vault. For all those Shot putters, their chance to compete came 24 hours later alongside the track events on day 2.
Sunday in particular attracted a large number of spectators to the venue to enjoy the sprint and hurdles races, with plenty of noise created on the side-lines. The 60m Hurdles heats and finals were the first to go at lunchtime, and this was followed for the remainder of the afternoon by a series of 60m sprint races.
For the second season in succession, the Welsh Athletics Junior Indoor Open Meeting incorporated the West Wales championships in the 200m to 1500m events. Back in Swansea, all the other remaining disciplines were contested and medals up for grabs.
Gold, Silver and Bronze regional medals were presented to the top three in each event across all age groups.
There was a good representation of Carmarthen Harriers athletes in Swansea with some brilliant results at these championships. The seventeen who entered and competed brought home a total of 24 medals between them (nine on the Saturday and fifteen on the Sunday). 13 of them were gold, 6 were silver and 5 were bronze medals.
THE CLUB FULL RESULTS LISTED 11.01.20 - 12.01.20 / RHESTR O CANLYNIADAU'R CLWB 11.01.20 - 12.01.20
- ZARA EVANS U17W (60 metres Final 8.51 BRONZE, Triple Jump 9.91m GOLD, Long Jump 4.77m SILVER)
- JESSICA LEE U15G (60 metres Heat 8.21/Final 8.09 GOLD, Long Jump 5.21m GOLD)
- LUNED DEFIS U13G (60 metres Heat 9.57, 60m Hurdles Heat 12.18, Pole Vault 1.70m GOLD, High Jump 1.30m GOLD, Long Jump 3.70m)
- BEATRICE MORGAN U13G (60 metres Heat 8.86/Final 8.90, 60m Hurdles Heat 10.62/Final 10.78 SILVER, Long Jump 3.78m)
- CASI GREGSON U13G (60 metres Heat 8.44/Final 8.31 GOLD)
- ELLI-MAY WILLIAMS U13G (60 metres Heat 8.74/Final 8.52 SILVER)
- SOPHIA REID-THOMAS U15G (60 metres Heat 8.50/Final 8.42 BRONZE)
- ELLIE LOWETH U17W (60 metres Final 8.39 SILVER)
- SOFFIA GARCIA U11G (Shot Put 5.45m BRONZE)
- CHLOE THOMAS U13G (Shot Put 6.14m gold)
- ELEN WILLIAMS U15G (Shot Put 8.88m SILVER)
- CAI ALLAN U13B (Pole Vault 2.10m GOLD, Long Jump 4.08m GOLD)
- JAMES SLOYAN U13B (60m Hurdles Final 12.04, High Jump 1.30m GOLD, Shot Put 7.50m BRONZE))
- OSIAN ROBERTS U15B (60m Hurdles Heat 9.40/Final 9.20 GOLD, High Jump 1.85m GOLD)
- HUGO DOUGLAS U13B (60m Hurdles Final 10.98 GOLD, 60 metres Final 8.52 BRONZE)
- TOM WILLIAMS U13B (60 metres Heat 8.76/Final 8.74)
- IAGO EVANS U11B (60 metres Heat 10.05/Final 10.03, Shot Put 5.07m SILVER)